Nature in Needle Felt - Picture Workshop
Nature in Needle Felt - Picture Workshop
Wooton-Under-Edge, The Cotswolds in Gloucestershire
Make a realistic and lifelike needle felt picture of your favourite animal, wildflower or beautiful landscape at this great workshop. You’ll be amazed at what you can achieve.
You can choose to make whatever you like - even your beloved pet - and I’ll show you exactly how to recreate it in a perfect needle felt picture, framed and ready to hang pride of place when you get home. You’ll be amazed at how well you do, even if you’ve never felted before or think you’re not artistic.
Before you worry that you’re not good at drawing or painting let me reassure you that making a picture with wool fibres is much simpler than painting with oils and watercolours, but the results are just as striking and impressive. Don’t let this stop you having a go - I’m here to help.
Most people can’t believe how much detail you can achieve needle felting with wool and you’ll be amazed at how well you do.
You’ll make a needle felt picture that will fit into a 7” round frame ready for you to hang up somewhere special.
WHAT TO BRING
Bring a paper print out of your image that is no wider than about 7” (this is about an inch or two narrower than an A4 piece of paper]. You will use this print out to trace your image onto fabric to create your picture outline (I’ll show you how). This is the best option if you are not confident in drawing your picture accurately.
Or you can bring the image on your phone/tablet/laptop if you are happy to draw it free hand.
If you don’t have a printer I can print it for you and can help you with your drawing too. Don’t let this stop you having a go.
With a huge variety of colours provided for you to choose from on the day, you’ll be able to capture your image as true to life as possible down to the very last detail. I’ll be here to guide you step by step.
All other equipment's included, just bring your picture and enthusiasm and by the end of the day you’ll frame your masterpiece in an 7” wooden embroidery hoop.
WHAT TO EXPECT OF YOUR DAY
Join me in the adorable village of Wooton-Under-Edge in South Gloucestershire, where I'll be waiting to welcome you to a delightful workshop in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds.
Workshops are held in the community arts centre called Under The Edge Arts in Chipping Hall (address below) with all the facilities you need for the day. It's a great space where you can comfortably enjoy the whole day and there’s plenty of parking.
You'll receive close guidance and personal instruction throughout the workshop so that you leave with a picture you love.
It’s a lovely way to spend the day.
On arrival you'll be greeted a selection of morning teas or freshly ground coffee before we get started. I provide cordials and soft drinks throughout the day - but bring your own snacks if you think you’ll get hungry.
Under the Edge Arts is located in The Chipping Hall, The Chipping, Wotton-under-Edge, GL12 7AD.
If you’ve got time after the workshop, why not explore the charming independent shops of Wooton Under Edge.
To book simply add the workshop you wish to book to your shopping basket and checkout securely. I'll then send you confirmation of your booking and directions to the studio, and nearer to the day I'll send you an itinerary of exactly what to expect.
Please have a quick look at the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page before booking.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) Workshops are filled on a first come first served basis and your payment secures your place on the workshop. Workshop places can’t be reserved;
(2) I reserve the right to cancel a workshop, but in the unlikely event will transfer you to another workshop or offer you a full refund if you prefer;
(3) A provisional minimum age of 12 applies to children who must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This is due to the use of sharp tools, however, this is at the discretion of the parent if they feel their younger child is capable. I have a recent enhanced DBS certificate for working with children;
(4) This is a no refund zone. Changes to bookings can only be made if it’s more than three weeks until your workshop AND I can fill your space in time - if I can’t then, I’m sorry but you’ll forfeit the cost of the workshop. With this in mind, please only book if you are sure you are free and can attend. If you can fill the workshop space yourself I will transfer your place to a friend of yours free of charge if you know someone who would like to attend.
(5) Gift Certificates are non refundable and must be booked within three months of purchase otherwise they will be void. They can be transferred to a friend if you don’t want to take it up.
(6) I reserve the right to update these terms and conditions without notice.
Thank you in advance for your understanding of these terms.
If you have any queries about the terms & conditions then please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the contact page.