Needle Felt Masterclass
Needle Felt Masterclass
Perfect if you’re looking to improve your needle felting skills by learning how to add detailed character to your project.
We’ll spend the day focusing on making a stunning and realistic bust of the animal of your choice - or whatever aspect you would like to improve on. I’ll teach you how to study and really look at the shape of the image you are following and translate that perfectly into your needle felting.
We’ll focus on adding character to your model in the eyes, mouth and fur so that you recreate a life like replica of the dog or animal that you are following.
The workshop includes all equipment that you need for the day and there will be lots of different sheep fleece from my own collection for you to use and how to add your own special touches.
In terms of proficiency it is expected that you can make a basic head shape and work fairly confidently in detail using your needles. I will be there to guide you throughout each step.
What to expect of your day
Come and join me in the picturesque village of Hatton where I will be waiting to welcome you to a delightful day learning how to needle felt in the heart of rural Warwickshire. Workshops are held in a pretty craft studio nestled in a cottage garden and equipped with all the facilities you will need. It is a light and calming craft space where you can comfortably enjoy the whole day, and is a haven for you to be treated to good food, beautiful surroundings and friendly company.
Small group numbers ensure that you will receive close guidance and personal instruction throughout the day so that you leave with the skills and confidence to continue your craft at home. It’s a lovely way to spend the day, but don’t take my word for it, read what people have to say about workshops they have attended in my review section towards the bottom of this page.
On arrival you'll be greeted a selection of morning teas or freshly ground coffee before we get started. I provide cordials and soft drinks throughout the day with yummy snacks and fruit for if you're peckish.
You'll need to bring a packed lunch with you, which you can eat in the studio - or if it's a nice day we'll take it into the garden to eat at a picnic table. It's such a lovely spot in the summer!
Near Warwick, the village of Hatton is easily accessible with good main road links to the A46 and within easy distance of the M40, M1 and M6 There is also plenty of private parking. Alternatively the cottage is only a mile from Warwick Parkway and I can arrange for collection from the train station if you let me know in advance.
To book simply add the workshop you wish to book to your shopping basket and checkout securely. I'll then send you confirmation of your booking and directions to the studio, and nearer to the day I'll send you an itinerary of exactly what to expect.
Please have a quick look at the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page before booking.
My second visit to Sophie's studio, and once again, it was a thoroughly enjoyable day. There was the very patient Sophie, increasing my knowledge and skills in this fascinating craft; a really encouraging, enthusiastic teacher. Fellow enthusiasts to chat to, and a superb meal. Would recommend it to anyone wanting to have a go. The course is great value for money. Highly recommended.
I attended the workshop with Sophie earlier this month and can highly recommend it. Sophie took the time to give individual attention to each group member and to help them choose the right materials to create their models in. The pace of the class was also carefully thought out with Sophie demonstrating each stage of the process before coming round and guiding each of us with our work. The models that our tutor had created demonstrated that she is clearly a very skilled craftsperson and even more than that, she can actually capture (and help her pupils to capture) the personality of animals with the use of just needles and wool. Overall a very enjoyable and relaxing day - which even provided the chance to make new friends. What more could anyone need?
I was recipient of this brilliant gift. A day felting with my friend, a group of lovely ladies taught by the brilliant Sophie. Under her instruction I came away with a fully fledged felt dog and an addiction to felting! I've made about 5 felt creatures since the workshop over a month ago. Sophie is very generous with her knowledge and experience! Perfect day
Terms and Conditions
(1) Workshops are filled on a first come first served basis and your payment secures your place on the workshop. Workshop places can’t be reserved;
(2) I reserve the right to cancel a workshop, but in the unlikely event will transfer you to another workshop or offer you a full refund if you prefer;
(3) A provisional minimum age of 12 applies to children who must be accompanied by an adult at all times. This is due to the use of sharp tools, however, this is at the discretion of the parent if they feel their younger child is capable. I have a recent enhanced DBS certificate for working with children;
(4) This is a no refund zone. Changes to bookings can only be made if it’s more than three weeks until your workshop AND I can fill your space in time - if I can’t then, I’m sorry but you’ll forfeit the cost of the workshop. With this in mind, please only book if you are sure you are free and can attend. If you can fill the workshop space yourself I will transfer your place to a friend of yours free of charge if you know someone who would like to attend.
(5) Gift Certificates are non refundable and must be booked within three months of purchase otherwise they will be void. They can be transferred to a friend if you don’t want to take it up.
(6) I reserve the right to update these terms and conditions without notice.
Thank you in advance for your understanding of these terms.
If you have any queries about the terms & conditions then please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the contact page.
Updated 21st November 2018